Thursday, December 16, 2004

Shabbaton with a child molester this weekend at Temple Beth Zion, Brookline, MA.$50 for those under 13.

18 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger jewishwhistleblower said...

see:
http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/Gafni_Mordechai.html
http://hillel.harvard.edu/message_board.asp
http://www.maggid.net/shabbaton

December 17-18 Shabbaton with Rabbi Mordechai Gafni

Please join Rabbi Mordechai Gafni, Peter Pitzele and Susan Deikman for a joyous Shabbat filled with Neo-Chassidic Davenning, Torah Learning, Bibliodrama and Hebrew Kirtan. The Shabbaton is hosted by Rabbi Moshe Waldoks at Temple Beth Zion, Brookline, MA. Cost (events and meals) is $150 for adults, $100 for students and $50 for those under 13. Discount accommodations within walking distance available at the Holiday Inn in Brookline ($99/night). For more information and to register go to www.maggid.net/shabbaton. This Shabbaton is a benefit for Bayit Chadash: A New Home for Ancient Souls, www.bayitchadash.org. Rabbi Gafni is author of Soul Prints and The Mystery of Love.

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was just sent from The Awareness Center:

Call To Action: Letting the Public know about the serious allegations made against Rabbi Marc/Mordechai Gafni.

http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/gafni_mordechai.html

http://www.lukeford.net/profiles/profiles/mordecai_gafni.htm

Please contact any an all news media groups to let them know that Rabbi Mordechai Gafni admited to committing statory rape with a 13 year old girl. He is going to be one of the presenters at a Shabbaton in Brookline, MA. Below is the blurb on line about the Shabbaton, and also information regarding Rabbi Gafni.
---------------------------------------------------

Shabbaton at Temple Beth Zion
TownOnline.com - December 2004
http://www2.townonline.com/brookline/artsLifestyle/view.bg?articleid=147235&format=text
Temple Beth Zion, 1566 Beacon St., Brookline, hosts "Jesters, Seers and Mystery Makers," a Shabbaton featuring Rabbi Mordechai Gafni, Peter Pitzele and Susan Deikman, Dec. 17 and 18. The registration fee of $150 includes Friday night dinner, Saturday lunch, a light meal Saturday afternoon before havdallah, and all the programs, learning and activities. The registration fee to attend either Friday night or Saturday only is $100 for either time. Participants must register in advance so that an accurate number for meals can be given to the caterer.

These master teachers offer a weekend of Neo-Chassidic Davenning, Bibliodrama, Torah Learning and Hebrew Kirtan (chanting).

To register, e-mail jestersANDsages@yahoo.com with name and phone number, and someone will call back to get the credit card information. To pay by check or get other information, visit www.maggid.net/shabbaton.

For more information, call 520-888-2192.

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get it. Where did Gafni ever admit to statuatory rape? The only thing he admitted to was having a consensual, non-sexual relationship with a 14 year old when he was 19. Even the girl said very clearly, both in her interview with Luke Ford and in the Maariv article, that there was never any intercourse, which is what statuatory rape implies.
The ONLY other incident Gafni was accused of was a few years later, and that was fully investigated and cleared. Since there's been absolutely no other allegations in the two decades since then, these attacks against him make no sense. Calling him a child molester gives the impression that as an adult he is going around diddling little kids in the middle of leading services and is a current and dangerous threat to all our children, which is totally absurd.
JW, no wonder you don't reveal your name, because you would get sued for libel so fast your head would spin. It's absurd accusations and labeling and vengeful obsessions like this that keep you and the Awareness Center from being taken seriously, and that undermine the efforts of people of integrity (that's NOT you) to deal effectively with the legitimate issue of sexual abuse.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me, when you visit the zoo, you expect to conduct a rational debate with the monkey? I didn't think so. This girl here is a monkey and we're all coming here to watch her peeing on herself and throwing feces around. But a debate? Not without some peanuts!

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The karmic repercussions are bound to be pretty intense when all the shit JW's been throwing around comes back to hit him/her smack in the face. Can't wait to see that!
By the way, Anonymous, do you know who JW/Me is? How do you know it's a she?
If there's anyone out there willing to expose the true identity behind these bullshit pseudonyms JW oh so bravely hides behind as she falsely accuses people she's never met of being evil dangerous people, please speak up!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger jewishwhistleblower said...

>I don't get it. Where did Gafni ever admit to statuatory rape?

In The Jewish Week article, R. Gafni admitted to committing statutory rape. He said, "She was 14 going on 35, and I never forced her."

I'll leave you to interpret the meaning.

>The only thing he admitted to was having a consensual, non-sexual
>relationship with a 14 year old when he was 19. Even the girl
>said very clearly, both in her interview with Luke Ford and in
>the Maariv article, that there was never any intercourse, which
> is what statuatory rape implies.

Statutory rape has virtually no meaning it has been replaced by terms such as statutory sexual abuse, sexual molestation etc.

According to the 14 year old molested by Gafni:

Until then, his abuse included exposing my body against
my will, forcibly touching my breast, grabbing my hand
and forcing me to touch his penis, and forced digital
vaginal penetration. All were the most horrifying,
degrading and painful experiences for me. All this
only a year or so after my bat mitzvah.

That's statutory sexual abuse to me.

>The ONLY other incident Gafni was accused of was a few years
>later, and that was fully investigated and cleared.

Never fully investigated and as such he was never cleared. Produce a signed clearance certificate so we can see what a whitewash that was and how Rabbonim protected a colleague.

>Since there's
>been absolutely no other allegations in the two decades since
>then, these attacks against him make no sense.

Read the Maariv article. He hasn't changed stripes.

>Calling him a child molester gives the impression that as an
>adult he is going around diddling little kids in the middle of
>leading services and is a current and dangerous threat to all our
>children, which is totally absurd.

Not at all the meaning of a child molester. Get an education.

>JW, no wonder you don't reveal your name, because you would get
>sued for libel so fast your head would spin.

Sue me for what? No libel here.

>It's absurd accusations and labeling and vengeful obsessions like
>this that keep you and the Awareness Center from being taken
>seriously, and that undermine the efforts of people of integrity
>(that's NOT you) to deal effectively with the legitimate issue of
>sexual abuse.

People of integrity like at the RCA?

You show your stripes as being more concerned with me than a child molester like Rabbi Mordechai Gafni/Marc Winiarz.

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could demonstrate the fallacy of every single one of your retorts and prove to your readers (all 3 of them) how totally off your accusations are, but it would be a waste of time, since you will just do what you always do (what you seem to spend your life doing): obsessively pick apart and attack any disagreeing points because YOU ARE ALWAYS RIGHT AND ANYONE WHO THINKS DIFFERENTLY IS AN IDIOT! There, are you happy?
And, by the way, the Gafni quote in the Jewish Week doesn't prove anything. I know for a fact that it was taken out of context from the only interview he ever did with Gary Rosenblatt, FOUR YEARS earlier, and was NOT a response to the girl's specific accusations in the article, even though that's how it misleadingly came across. Anyone who's been interviewed by a newspaper knows that this kind of journalistic distortion is common.
When you find a quote by Gafni that says, "I admit I am a child molester," then we can talk. Otherwise, do the world a favor and start creating something positive with your life instead of wallowing in scandal-mongering day and night.

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no, no, she's not scandal mongering, she's only doing this leshem shamayim, she's God's crusader against anyone stupid enough to get a rabbinical degree while having a penis. And those descriptions of digital-vaginal sex, they are only intended to prove a point, not to titilate.

Ah, if Me ever got laid and got a life, where would all of us frum guys go for our daily strip show?

By now visiting her blogsite is a little like watching your sister masturbate: you know you shouldn't, but you live nearby, so you peek.

Tell you what, why don't we start sticking dollar bills in her g-string to sow appreciation. I say, for this last posting, with Gafni doing a 14-year old, what with the breasts and the digital vagina thing, I stick Ten $1 bills in Me's G-string!

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hershy,
So when your daughters are thirteen it would be cool if Gafni paid them a visit?

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't you find a better way to express yourself then with filthy images and crude language? (I'm refering to the post about the zoo and the feces flying..) If you don't like what you read here then why don't you go somewhere else?? Also, since you are so versed in all of the errors of organizations like the awareness center then why don't you tell us what you think would be the correct way to deal with very difficult issues in our community like child abuse??

 
At 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The very notion of there being a "correct way" of dealing with anything betrays a world view which I find repugnant. Before I move to offer a better way of managing sexual abuse in the Jewish community, permit me to say that while my comment was utilizing revolting imagery in a frontal and honest way, Me et al are using titillating material behind the pretense of community service. The obsessive nature of their engagement in the googling and displaying of sexually aberrant events attests, in my view, to a less than wholesome notion of sexuality. But this is not my point.

The initial premise of the Awareness Center was excellent, and thus supported by the community at large: 1. Provide good information to victims of sexual abuse. 2. Advocate in the community and use the moral power of the center's solid community backing to deal with difficult cases.

This is the model of countless successful advocacy groups, in many areas of our lives. I personally am engaged and am supporting many such organizations, in my area and in other parts of the country.

But what set apart the behavior of the Awareness Center over the past few years has been a new shrill tone and some harsh initiatives which both violated the privacy rights of individuals and distorted the public perception of what constitutes sexual abuse, as well as what should be the scope of an advocacy group.

To be honest, my impulse as early as three years ago was to unsubscribe myself from Vicki Polin's email service (after having lent her some support in the late 1990s). But I chose not to unsubscribe simply because I wanted to keep tab on her newest outrages. Or, even more simply put, I wanted to be first to know when my own name showed up there (it hasn't yet, thank God, but as she's moving through the ranks of Jewish men in North America I expect it's only a matter of time).

People in the Jewish community are not morons. They are aware of the existence of sexual abuse, as well as the agunot cases. And the way these things work is that the social and economic power of the alleged abuser must be countermanded by the clout and by the behind the scenes pressure of advocates, including the Awareness Center.

In this context there are not "correct solutions," as each case offers several possibilities. But in every single case (including an aguna case I'm involved in in my neck of the woods) the avenue of approach has to be discreet and extremely mainstream, as this is easily the most explosive issue in our society.

The in-your-face approach which the Awareness Center has adopted not only inflicts damage on many individuals, but it renders the center itself virtually useless as far as the cause at hand is concerned. Advocates are powerful only as long as they do not attempt to match their real power with that of individuals in the community. Because this is a recipe for failure.

The center has involved itself in several such cases and its leaders seem entirely helpless to understand the degree of damage they are causing and the rate at which their public credibility is diminishing these days. When the very rabbis who gave them clout are now begging to be removed with haste from any relationship with the organization, this is not the result of some ghoulish cabal of sex perverts manipulating the political system. This is the result of community leaders everywhere saying, Who needs this headache?

Me, blogging here, is an accurate representation of the state of mind of the leadership of the awareness Center, whether she is or isn't a paid staffer. She is operating without judgement, and without the merest notion of how her writing is being perceived out there. This is why some of us have surmised that she or he must be a victim of abuse themselves, as only serious trauma can lead to this degree of obsession.

See, I could have said all of the above with the monkey feces image, but you made me state it in words. Frankly, feces works better. Because when you use feces, then this blogger can't respond with:

> glob of monkey feces (solid brown)
Nope. I didn't say that.

> two consecutive shots, one yellowish, the other almost completely black
This only shows how little you understand. Read this URL (followed by an impossibly long line) and see for yourself.

> huge package, with a lot of pulp
No, I am not Vicki Polin

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger jewishwhistleblower said...

>The very notion of there being a "correct way" of dealing with
>anything betrays a world view which I find repugnant.

So you're into pluralism? I guess only if it matches YOUR belief system.

>Before I move to offer a better way of managing sexual abuse in
>the Jewish community,

Which you don't.

>permit me to say that while my comment was utilizing revolting
>imagery in a frontal and honest way,

So basically you're saying your method of getting your message across is "a punch in the face".

Very ineffective. I contend you simply don't have any message worth making and tat's why you can't use polite language.

>Me et al are using titillating material behind the pretense of
>community service.

No pretense. I'm getting my message across by posting articles. Something you simply don't like.

>The obsessive nature of their engagement

Just another personal attack by you. Your constant obscene and irrelevant comments are the best example of "obsessive nature" I've ever seen.

>in the googling and displaying of sexually aberrant events
>attests, in my view, to a less than wholesome notion of
>sexuality.

Sexually aberrant events does not equal a notion of sexuality.

But please spare us your wholesome notion of sexuality. We've had enough of your sexually aberrant comments already.

>But this is not my point.

You never seem to have one. Just nast obscene comments.

>The initial premise of the Awareness Center was excellent,
>and thus supported by the community at large:
>1. Provide good information to victims of sexual abuse.

Which is fine until it's your "sacred cow" evidently.

>2. Advocate in the community and use the moral power of the
>center's solid community backing to deal with difficult cases.

Which is likely every case. As every one will anger someone.

>This is the model of countless successful advocacy groups, in
>many areas of our lives.

Correct.

>I personally am engaged and am supporting many such
>organizations, in my area and in other parts of the country.

Please indicate the ones that combat sexual abuse and their effectiveness.

>But what set apart the behavior of the Awareness Center over the
>past few years has been a new shrill tone

Shrill = you like your women quiet

>and some harsh initiatives

Please indicate how those initiatives are different than any other survivor group?

>which both violated the privacy rights of individuals and

Nonsense, you're the one who doesn't respect the 1st amendment and wants to silence everyone through you're intimidation.

>distorted the public perception of what constitutes sexual abuse,

Do tell, what constituted sexual abuse in your "unique" mind?

>as well as what should be the scope of an advocacy group.

Again please explain, using an actual example of a similar EFFECTIVE advocacy group in the same area.

>To be honest, my impulse as early as three years ago was to
>unsubscribe myself from Vicki Polin's email service (after having
>lent her some support in the late 1990s).

I suspect your support was minor and unsubstantial.

>But I chose not to unsubscribe simply because I wanted to keep
>tab on her newest outrages. Or, even more simply put, I wanted to
>be first to know when my own name showed up there (it hasn't yet,
>thank God, but as she's moving through the ranks of Jewish men in
>North America I expect it's only a matter of time).

Just showing your misogynistic colors.

>People in the Jewish community are not morons.

Because they are unlike you?

>They are aware of the existence of sexual abuse, as well as the
>agunot cases.

And they tolerate these outrages. That's why things have gotten worse, not better. There's a basic denial in dealing with theses things in the Jewish community.

>And the way these things work is that the social and economic
>power of the alleged abuser must be countermanded by the clout
>and by the behind the scenes pressure of advocates, including the
>Awareness Center.

OK.

>In this context there are not "correct solutions," as each case
>offers several possibilities. But in every single case (including
>an aguna case I'm involved in in my neck of the woods) the avenue
>of approach has to be discreet and extremely mainstream, as this
>is easily the most explosive issue in our society.

And the effectiveness of the approach? More agunot.

>The in-your-face approach which the Awareness Center has adopted
>not only inflicts damage on many individuals, but it renders the
>center itself virtually useless as far as the cause at hand is
>concerned. Advocates are powerful only as long as they do not
>attempt to match their real power with that of individuals in the
>community. Because this is a recipe for failure.

Dude, the Jewish cmmunity has effectively failed in this area to begin with.

>The center has involved itself in several such cases and its
>leaders seem entirely helpless to understand the degree of damage
>they are causing and the rate at which their public credibility
>is diminishing these days.

As will happen to anyone who tries to do something in this area,

>When the very rabbis who gave them clout are now begging to be
>removed with haste from any relationship with the organization,
>this is not the result of some ghoulish cabal of sex perverts
>manipulating the political system. This is the result of
>community leaders everywhere saying, Who needs this headache?

No it simply shows the power of the status quo in the community of a leadership that refuses to deal with the abuse in the community and would sooner silence victims than protect them.

>Me, blogging here, is an accurate representation of the state of
>mind of the leadership of the awareness Center, whether she is or
>isn't a paid staffer.

The Awareness Center has paid staffers? Give me a break.

>She is operating without judgement,

Wrong.

>and without the merest notion of how her writing is being
>perceived out there.

Wrong.

You're the one with little notion of how your noxious comments are being perceived.

>This is why some of us have surmised that she or he must be a
>victim of abuse themselves, as only serious trauma can lead to
>this degree of obsession.

The only one obsessed here is you with me.

It's clear you have no clue. Your assumption and $1.00 will get you a Coke.

>See, I could have said all of the above with the monkey feces
>image,

Which is apperently your favorite image as anyone reading the comments has surmised.

>but you made me state it in words. Frankly, feces works better.

No it doesn't. It just makes you look foolish and intellectually impotent.

>Because when you use feces, then this blogger can't respond with:
>> glob of monkey feces (solid brown)

Which is your whole point, not dialogue, just simple noxious intimidation and abusive language.

>Nope. I didn't say that.

You keep saying that.

>> two consecutive shots, one yellowish, the other almost
>> completely black

Again: Your whole point, not dialogue, just simple noxious intimidation and abusive language.

You are apparently develomentally, emotionally and intellectually challenged.

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger jewishwhistleblower said...

>To be honest, my impulse as early as three years ago was to
>unsubscribe myself from Vicki Polin's email service (after having
>lent her some support in the late 1990s). But I chose not to
>unsubscribe simply because I wanted to keep tab on her newest
>outrages.

Basically, rather than sharing your 2 cents or trying to improve the way the Awareness Center works through suggestions/intellectually based criticism (which I don't believe you are capable of), you chose to establish yourself as a predator waiting to attack and intimidate.

You should be very proud.

It's clear you have no interest in making the world better. Your purpose seems to be to show us your destructive ability, arrogance, desire to silence women and toilet language.

Again, you should be very proud. Very proud indeed.

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JW, if you had any idea how inane and ridiculous your comments appear, in contrast to the well-reasoned, articulate and intelligent statements made by those who rightfully object to your outrageous tactics, you would shut up and skulk away with your tail between your legs.
However I prefer that you continue to respond in your inimitable, absurd style, as it effectively and repeatedly proves how truly disturbed you really are.
So please, keep at it...I'm enjoying the entire self-destructive show!

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke Ford just posted an interview with Vicki Polin
http://www.lukeford.net/profiles/profiles/vicki_polin.htm


Luke: "Are you the poster “Me”?"

Vicki: "I am NOT the individual who posted on the Protocols blog, who used the name of "ME". I wish I was as intellegent and as articulate. The "ME" poster has a vast knowledge of Hebrew and Torah. I don't."

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a daily basis I wish for nothing more than Winiarz/Gafni to vanish from the earth. I was the victim in the incident that has been so ignorantly labeled as "investigated and cleared".

Mordecahi Winiarz took something from me. A part of me changed when I was manipulated into a sexual encounter. He is more than "creepy". He is a charismatic, narcissistic sexual predator.

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can victims of predatory rabbis contact Jewish Whistleblower?

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger jewishwhistleblower said...

>How can victims of predatory rabbis contact Jewish Whistleblower?

Victims of predatory rabbis should contact whichever of the following apply:

1) The police
2) Rape crisis
3) Counselling services
4) The Awareness Center

 

Post a Comment

<< Home